Below is a copy of our current tour newsletter. To subscribe to our newsletter, absolutely free of charge, please click here.
Tour Newsletter Dated October 19, 2020
Dear Vacations To Go Customer,Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, guided tours around the world temporarily stopped operating. In July, Collette launched its first tours since March and plans to run trips on a limited basis until normal operations can fully resume. We will let you know when other companies are operating again.
Also in July, the European Union began accepting visitors from select non-EU countries. The list of approved countries, which is said to be reviewed every two weeks, includes Canada but does not yet include the United States.
Ireland is one of our top-selling destinations for guided vacations. Today, I'll highlight some of the country's most popular attractions, but first, here are some early booking discounts for Ireland trips in 2021.
Insight: Save up to 15% off 2021 trips, plus pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Receive an additional $200 per couple discount and save an extra $300 per couple off airfare. Book by October 23.
Luxury Gold: Save 10% off 2021 vacations, plus pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Receive an additional $300 per couple discount and save an extra $300 per couple off airfare. Book by October 23.
Trafalgar: Save up to 15% off 2021 vacations, plus pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Receive an additional $300 per couple discount off airfare (the reduced deposit and air deal are also available on Costsaver trips). Book by October 30.
Brendan: Save up to 15% off 2021 departures, plus pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Receive an additional $300 per couple discount off the air-inclusive price. Book by October 30.
Collette: Save 10% on 2021 tours when you book by October 31.
CIE: Save 10% and pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person on 2021 departures.
Globus: Save 10% off 2021 trips. Receive an additional $300 per couple discount off airfare on select departures.
Cosmos: Save $200 per couple off 2021 tours. Receive an additional $300 per couple discount off airfare on select trips.
For a complete list of discounts available on Ireland trips, click here. Or, read on to learn about some of Ireland's top sights.
Picture-perfect scenes await on our Ireland tours: fishing villages tucked into pretty harbors, roads winding through emerald hills and waves crashing into rocky headlands. Many tours spend time in Ireland's capital of Dublin, where St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin Castle, Trinity College and the Guinness Brewery are popular stops.
Norman castles and medieval abbeys can be found in Kilkenny, a region also known for its distinctive array of arts and crafts. Just south of Kilkenny is Waterford, founded by the Vikings at the start of the 10th century. Explore Viking Triangle, home to Reginald's Tower, a replica Viking longship and the famed crystal factory.
At the southernmost tip of the island is Cork, where fertile farmlands and river valleys contrast with sandstone hills and craggy coastlines. Climb to the top of the Church of St. Anne for amazing views of the area and visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous "Stone of Eloquence."
Travel up the untamed western coast for stunning views along the dramatic Cliffs of Moher, which rise 700 feet above the Atlantic shore, and the Ring of Kerry, a 100-mile coastal route through lush hills and rugged landscapes.
Killarney houses a national park filled with soft moss, wildflowers and lakes set against a backdrop of mountain peaks and waterfalls. Tour Ross Castle and Muckross House, a 19th century Victorian mansion, both located within the park. In Limerick, visit St. Mary's Cathedral, King John's Castle and the Treaty Stone; Galway highlights include its stone cathedral, a bustling cafe and bar culture and the nearby Kylemore Abbey.
On the northwestern coast of the country, discover Sligo's literary heritage and Donegal's terrain of unruly shores and mountains, ideal for hiking and exploring.
There's always time to experience a bit of local culture in one of Ireland's neighborhood pubs. Many tour operators also arrange special events, such as a night of traditional entertainment showcasing popular songs and dances at a pub or a medieval-style dinner in a castle.
Here are this week's Top 10 Tours. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability.
1) The Irish Pub Tour, 8 days with CIE Tours. Begins and ends in Dublin. Save 10%, plus pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $1,545. Departures from March 20 through October 16, 2021.
2) Italian Vista, 8 days with Globus. Begins in Rome and ends in Milan. Save 10%. Plus, receive an additional $300 per couple discount off airfare on select departures. Starting at $1,899. Departures from April 4 through October 17, 2021.
3) Britain and Ireland Delight, 10 days with Costsaver. Begins and ends in London. Save $300 per couple off airfare, plus pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $1,475. Departures from April 2 through September 26, 2021.
4) The Best of Greece, 10 days with Cosmos. Begins and ends in Athens. Save $200 per couple. Plus, receive an additional $300 per couple discount off airfare on select departures. Starting at $1,489. Departures from April 17 through October 9, 2021.
5) Australian Explorer, 10 days with Monograms. Begins in Sydney and ends in Melbourne. Starting at $1,769. Daily departures from January 1 through December 30, 2021.
6) European Traveler, 10 days with Trafalgar. Begins in London and ends in Rome. Save up to 15%. Plus, receive an additional $300 per couple discount off airfare and pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $2,288. Departures from April 2 through October 8, 2021.
7) America's Music Cities, 8 days with Collette. Travels between Nashville and New Orleans. Save 10%. Starting at $2,699. Departures from May 9 through December 12, 2021.
8) Spain's Classics, 12 days with Collette. Begins in Madrid and ends in Barcelona. Save 10%. Starting at $2,899. Departures from May 7 through December 3, 2021.
9) Country Roads of Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands, 11 days with Insight. Begins in Brussels and ends in Amsterdam. Save up to 15%. Plus, receive an additional $200 per couple discount and pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Save an extra $300 per couple off airfare on select departures. Starting at $2,921. Departures from May 1 through October 2, 2021.
10) America's National Parks, 10 days with Globus. Begins in Rapid City and ends in Salt Lake City. Save 10%. Starting at $3,039. Departures from May 13 through September 23, 2021.
Vacations To Go